‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa-la-la-la-laaaa! Introducing Sissy Lu’s second annual festive Character Interview, featuring Persinette from The Girl in the Clockwork Tower. Grab a cup of eggnog or some wassail, but beware the mistletoe!
Persinette, give us some small deets below!
Full name: Persinette
Favorite Season: Fall!
Favorite Cookie: Chocolate Chip
Favorite Hot Beverage: Hot cocoa
1. Why don’t you introduce yourself! Tell us who you are and what you do.
Hi! I’m Persinette, Persi. I’m an asset… no well, I suppose I’m not anymore, am I? Anyway, I help people.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat around the holidays?
We never really celebrated holidays in MOTHER, but Benard makes a pineapple upside down cake that is really scrumptious.
3. What is on the top of your Wishlist this year?
I’d like a pocket watch! Nothing too fancy, just enough to make sure I stay on time during missions.
4. If you’re expected at a party are you usually on time or fashionably late?
Oh, I’m early. I like to be there to help out if they need help.
5. What is your fondest memory surrounding the holiday season?
I don’t really… well… Anyway.
6. Are you a fan of eggnog or no?
I’ve never had eggnog! Is it good? Should I have Manu get some?
7. There is mistletoe hanging in the doorway… are you going to kiss the person beside you or not?
[she giggles] Well of course! It’s tradition isn’t it?
8. It’s snowing outside, are you out there playing in it or refusing to step foot outside until the season turns?
9. If you could ask for ANYTHING for Christmas, what would it be and why?
I’d… I think I’d like to meet my parents. I don’t remember them very well, but I remember we were happy. And I’d like to meet them.
10. What kind of shopper are you? Do you plan ahead of time or do you rush in a last minute effort?
The kind that probably over-buys for everyone they love.
11. Did you ever believe in Santa? If so, how old were you when you topped believing?
No. But I like the ideal of Santa. It’s sweet to think that there is someone out there so giving that they spend one entire night making sure every child has a happy Christmas. But if he were real he would have had to have been some kind of Enchanted. And if he were some kind of Enchanted, MOTHER would have caught him by now, easy. So. No. No Santa.
12. Tell us one of your favorite stories that revolves around this season.
[looks around] I can tell you one of my old memories, I have many new ones that are better, but this one is old back before everything. I was about seven when MOTHER finally let me into the library. It was the night of Christmas, and Gothel said that if it’d keep me out of her hair for a little while, I could go and read the books. It was like magic! I’d never seen so many books in my life! I stayed there until Gothel came to make me leave.
13. Who in your immediate circle is most likely to go caroling?
14. If you could cast your acquaintances [including yourself,] in Scrooge, who would play what roles?
I’d be the ghost of Christmas past, Manu would be the ghost of Christmas present, Benard would be scrooge, Owen would be the ghost of Christmas future. Owen can be very scary when he wants to be, don’t let him tell you otherwise. Felicity and Drea would be the Cratchets!
15. What is your New Year’s Resolution?
To see new places. I want to see all of Daiwynn, and beyond if I can! And Now is as good a time to start as any, isn’t it?
16. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
I hope you have a very nice holiday, whatever you do or do not celebrate! Thank you for spending time with me!
Ho Ho Ho, did you know all of that about Persinette? Bet you didn’t. Be sure to check out the author’s page as well as social media to ensure you are up to date on Persinette and the rest of the crew!
Fantastic answers! Thanks so much, Lou Wilham, where can readers find more about you and your books?
About the Author:
When not, daydreaming up new characters to write and draw she can be found crocheting, making cute bookmarks, and binge-watching whatever happens to catch her eye.
For Persinette—a lavender-haired, 24-year-old seer dreaming of adventure and freedom—the steam-powered kingdom of Daiwynn is home. As an Enchanted asset for MOTHER, she aids in Collecting Enchanted and sending them to MOTHER’s labor camps.
But when her handler, Gothel, informs Persi that she will be going out into the field for a Collection, she decides it’s time to take a stand. Now she must fight her fears and find a way to hide her attempts to aid the Enchanted or risk being sent to the camps herself.
Manu Kelii, Captain of the airship The Defiant Duchess, is 26-years-old and hasn’t seen enough excitement—thank you very much. His charismatic smile and flamboyant sense of style earned him a place amongst the Uprising, but his fickle and irresponsible nature has seen to it that their leader doesn’t trust him.
Desperate to prove himself, Manu will stop at nothing to aid their mission to overthrow MOTHER and the queen of Daiwynn. So, when the Uprising Leader deposits a small unit of agents on his ship, and tasks him with working side by side with MOTHER asset Persinette to hinder the Collection effort, he finds himself in over his head.
The stakes are high for this unlikely duo. They have only two options; stop MOTHER or thousands more will die—including themselves.