‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa-la-la-la-laaaa! Introducing Sissy Lu’s second annual festive Character Interview, featuring Crow from Crow [Faeries of Oz, 2]. Grab a cup of eggnog or some wassail, but beware the mistletoe!
Crow, give us some small deets below!
Full name: Crowestyn Sennan Noloris
Favorite Season: Summer
Favorite Cookie: Chocolate Crinkles
Favorite Hot Beverage: Hot Cocoa
1. Why don’t you introduce yourself! Tell us who you are and what you do.
Hello! My name is Crow, husband of Reva, and most handsome of fae.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat around the holidays?
3. What is on the top of your Wishlist this year?
A new hammock! My last one was destroyed.
4. If you’re expected at a party are you usually on time or fashionably late? Fashionably late–or as i like to call it, right on time.
5. What is your fondest memory surrounding the holiday season?
Sitting before a fireplace with my family, sharing glazed nuts as the sun set on the last night of the year.
6. Are you a fan of eggnog or no?
7. There is mistletoe hanging in the doorway… are you going to kiss the person beside you or not?
Only if it’s Reva.
8. It’s snowing outside, are you out there playing in it or refusing to step foot outside until the season turns?
A little cold has never frightened me!
9. If you could ask for ANYTHING for Christmas, what would it be and why?
I would only ask for time with my family.
10. What kind of shopper are you?
I buy things throughout the year when I see something I know will be loved by the recipient.
11. Did you ever believe in Santa?
12. Tell us one of your favorite stories that revolves around this season.
Dorothy once told me a story of a talking snowman that was quite delightful.
13. Who in your immediate circle is most likely to go caroling?
14. If you could cast your acquaintances [including yourself,] in Scrooge, who would play what roles?
Reva–bless her–would be Scrooge.
15. What is your New Year’s Resolution?
To remake Oz.
16. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
Ho Ho Ho, did you know all of that about Crow?? Bet you didn’t. Be sure to check out the author’s page as well as social media to ensure you are up to date on Crow and the rest of the crew!
Fantastic answers! Thanks so much, Amber R. Duell, where can readers find more about you and your books?
About the Author:
Amber R. Duell a best-selling and award-winning young adult author. She’s a Navy wife and mom of 2 awesome boys. She is a #WriteMentor mentor when time allows and is a co-host on the live broadcast show Young Adult Edition. Red Bull keeps her kicking.
Crow wasted years trying to distract his mind after the Wicked Witch—his true love—was vanquished. He’d thought Reva was lost forever until magic brought her back, though their reunion was anything but happy. Reva hates him now as much as she loved him then. He can’t blame her—his former lover cursed them both and stole their daughter away. But he’s more determined than ever to earn Reva’s forgiveness.
When Reva leaves for the North, intent on destroying Locasta, Crow refuses to lose her to the same magic twice. He joins her on the journey, and, as much as Reva loathes him, she knows it’s for the best. Traveling is too dangerous on her own, but spending so much time together isn’t exactly safe for their hearts either. Hidden away in her castle, the Northern Witch waits to curse Reva and Crow once more. This time they need to put an end to Locasta, or suffer the consequences of the curse forever.