‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa-la-la-la-laaaa! Introducing Sissy Lu’s second annual festive Character Interview, featuring Koryn from The Spirit of You. Grab a cup of eggnog or some wassail, but beware the mistletoe!
Koryn, give us some small deets below!
Full name: Koryn Tiernan
Favorite Season: Fall! I’m biased but New England has the BEST fall.
Favorite Cookie: Oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip! It’s the best.
Favorite Hot Beverage: Outside of coffee? Nothing beats hot cider!
1. Why don’t you introduce yourself! Tell us who you are and what you do.
My name is Koryn! I’m a senior in High School and I’m currently practicing for a battle of the bands event with my boyfriend and friend. We’ve been looking forward to this for EVER and it’s on Christmas Eve up in Boston at the House of Blues!
2. What is your favorite thing to eat around the holidays?
I’m a sucker for holiday classics like stuffing, turkey, and pumpkin pie. But my boyfriend, Dustin, his family is originally from Puerto Rico, so I always look forward to eating that at their Turkey Day celebration! Arroz con gandules, jamón con piña, and mofongo… ugh, don’t get me started.
3. What is on the top of your Wishlist this year?
I want us to [no pun intended] rock at the battle of the bands event. I’ve overcome so much anxiety… I’m trying to believe in myself… it’d be an amazing gift.
4. If you’re expected at a party are you usually on time or fashionably late?
Always early. I can’t be late… I get antsy and grumpy.
5. What is your fondest memory surrounding the holiday season?
Honestly, it’s probably my first Thanksgiving with Dustin’s family. My parents are both in the medical field and so I don’t really get to see them much. Sometimes it’s one or the other, but rarely both of them. Anyway, Dustin brought me to his Thanksgiving and the warm welcome I received from the family was overwhelming. They were so ready to take me in as one of their own… plus the food.
6. Are you a fan of eggnog or no?
YES! Give me the nog all the time.
7. There is mistletoe hanging in the doorway… are you going to kiss the person beside you or not?
Chances are it’s Dustin… or his cousin Thomas hanging it above me. I’d give Thomas a peck, but Dustin would get a full on kiss and then some!
8. It’s snowing outside, are you out there playing in it or refusing to step foot outside until the season turns?
Heck yes. Growing up in Massachusetts it’s been a part of my life. I wouldn’t call myself a snow bunny but it’s definitely one of my favorite things about the season changes here.
9. If you could ask for ANYTHING for Christmas, what would it be and why?
A chance… just a chance at winning. Maybe some confidence in myself too.
10. What kind of shopper are you? Do you plan ahead of time or do you rush in a last minute effort?
I’m a planner. I don’t like NOT having a plan…anxiety and all. But if I do shop last minute I know what I need to grab.
11. Did you ever believe in Santa? If so, how old were you when you topped believing?
YEP! I believed until I was like 12… Not embarrassed about that!
12. Tell us one of your favorite stories that revolves around this season.
I’m the only child so I’ve never had to share moments with my parents. But I remember asking for a guitar for my thirteenth birthday because I’d been taking lessons for a year. I knew Santa wasn’t real… my parents put on this whole thing of opening all the presents… and then they ‘found’ lost gifts in the corner of the living room, hidden away. It was an amp, guitar, and mic. It’s always something that stayed with me.
13. Who in your immediate circle is most likely to go caroling?
Dustin and Thomas… I’d go unwillingly… but they’d make me
14. If you could cast your acquaintances [including yourself,] in Scrooge, who would play what roles?
Oh man… Okay…
Scrooge – Me, definitely me…
Bob Cratchit – Thomas
Tiny Tim – Dustin
15. What is your New Year’s Resolution?
I guess that depends on thee outcome of the event, but no matter what I need to believe in myself more.
16. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
Hold tightly to those you love, say what you want to, and always believe in yourself.
Ho Ho Ho, did you know all of that about Koryn? Bet you didn’t. Be sure to check out the author’s page as well as social media to ensure you are up to date on Koryn and the rest of the crew!
Fantastic answers! Thanks so much, Elle Beaumont, where can readers find more about you and your books?
About the Author:
She is married to her best friend and has two lively sprites who inspire madness, love and a sense of humor in her. They also have a menagerie of animals, two dogs, three cats and a horse. In her downtime, Elle enjoys creating candles, crocheting, horseback riding and running.
“‘I wear the chain I forged in life,’ replied the Ghost. ‘I made it link by link…’”
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Link by Link is a collection of 9 stories of ghosts, spirits, and creatures unnamed, all come to teach lessons we won’t soon forget. From sweet Christmas tales to terrifying holiday hauntings, these stories take a dive into the past in the hopes of creating a better—or at least different—future.
Barnes & Noble