‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa-la-la-la-laaaa! Introducing Sissy Lu’s first festive Character Interview, featuring ELISE BENSON from Finding My Charming by Brittney Mulliner. Grab a cup of eggnog or some wassail, but beware the mistletoe!
So, Elise, give us some small deets below!
Full name: Elise Benson
Occupation: Full-time Student
Favorite Past Time: Reading!
Favorite Season: Summer
Favorite Cookie: Chocolate Chip, I’m a classic girl
Favorite Hot Beverage: I prefer frozen hot chocolate! Yum!
1. Why don’t you introduce yourself! Tell us who you are and what you do.
Hi everyone! I’m Elise from Portland, Oregon. I’m in my first semester of school at Lincoln University.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat around the holidays?
Chocolate pie! I have to fight my sisters for the leftovers. If I could have a whole one to myself…that would be a dream come true.
3. What is on the top of your Wishlist this year?
I actually already got it! The day after Christmas my boyfriend, Dallin, and I are going down to Guatemala to work in an orphanage for a week. I can’t wait to meet the kids!
4. If you’re expected at a party are you usually on time or fashionably late?
Since the parties are usually hosted by my best friend, Ari, I’m usually there way in advanced making sure everything is set up and ready for the guest.
5. What is your fondest memory surrounding the holiday season?
Every year my dad gets everyone matching pajamas. My sisters and I fought it as we got older, but I think we all secretly love it.
6. Are you a fan of eggnog or no?
I honestly have never had it. I looked up the ingredients when I was younger and there is no way I’m drinking it!
7. There is mistletoe hanging in the doorway… are you going to kiss the person beside you or not?
Only if it’s my boyfriend!
8. It’s snowing outside, are you out there playing in it or refusing to step foot outside until the season turns?
Snow is so rare in Portland that I would definitely be out there playing it in!
9. If you could ask for ANYTHING for Christmas, what would it be and why?
I would ask my family and friends to donate whatever they were planning on spending on me and donating it. Helping the community is really important to me, and I want other people to get involved.
10. What kind of shopper are you? Do you plan ahead of time or do you rush in a last-minute effort?
I have a general idea of what to get everyone by the beginning of December, so I order what I can online and get the rest before the big rush starts.
11. Did you ever believe in Santa? If so, how old were you when you stopped believing?
Of course, I did. I still believe in the spirit of Santa, too. My parents told all three of us at the same time since my older sister was getting to the age where kids were starting to stop believing. I think I was in second grade.
12. Tell us one of your favorite stories that revolves around this season.
My grandparents met each other during the holidays while he was home for a leave from the army, so I love listening to her tell the story of how they met and fell in love.
13. Who in your immediate circle is most likely to go caroling?
Probably my best friend, Ari. She loves being the center of attention and making people happy. Unfortunately, she would probably drag me with her. Don’t give her any ideas!
14. If you could cast your acquaintances [including yourself,] in Scrooge, who would play what roles?
I could see my little sister, April, as Scrooge. She can be pretty selfish and self-centered. She could use the humbling. My grandma would be the Ghost of Christmas Past. I would be the Ghost of Christmas Present, and my older sister, Beth, would be the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.
15. What is your New Year’s Resolution?
To officially declare my major. I’ve been pushing it off, but I know I want to pursue a law degree. I just need to let the school know.
16. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
I hope everyone has a very happy holiday season!
Ho Ho Ho, did you know all of that about Elise? Bet you didn’t. Be sure to check out the author’s page as well as social media to ensure you are up to date on Elise and the rest of the crew!
Fantastic answers! Thanks so much, Brittney, where can readers find more about you and your books?
About Brittney Mulliner: Brittney has been an avid reader for as long as she can remember. Her parents’ form of punishment growing up was taking away her books and making her go outside to play. She loves the beach, exercising, sleeping in, and cookies. Yes,
Facebook | Website | Twitter | Instagram
Amazon | Shelf it on Goodreads