‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa-la-la-la-laaaa! Introducing Sissy Lu’s first festive Character Interview, featuring LEANDER from Fragile Chaos by Amber R. Duell. Grab a cup of eggnog or some wassail, but beware the mistletoe!
Greetings, Leander, give us some small deets below!
Occupation: God of Death
Favorite Past Time: Reading
Favorite Season: Summer
Favorite Cookie: Sugar
Favorite Hot Beverage: Hot Chocolate
1. Hey Leander! Why don’t you introduce yourself! Tell us who you are and what you do.
Hi, I’m Leander, the God of Death. Don’t worry—it sounds a lot scarier than it is. I don’t kill people, but when someone dies, I help them figure out what will bring them peace in the afterlife.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat around the holidays?
Apple dumplings. I suppose that’s not a traditional holiday treat, but it’s so a warm and comforting. It tastes like what I imagine home feels like.
3. What is on the top of your Wishlist this year?
4. If you’re expected at a party are you usually on time or fashionably late?
On time. Maybe even a few minutes early to see if the host needs any help.
5. What is your fondest memory surrounding the holiday season?
Back when the first group of mortals started celebrating their new God, Astra thought it would be fun to try out the custom. The Goddess of Love, you know… She usually has good intentions, and this was when we could still deny what was happening so we played along. Astra prepared the biggest feast I’ve ever seen and her sacrifices had a wonderful time putting on a show. I like to remember it because it was the last time all of the siblings were in the same room without fighting.
6. Are you a fan of eggnog or no?
7. There is mistletoe hanging in the doorway… are you going to kiss the person beside you or not?
That depends on who it is and if they would want me to.
8. It’s snowing outside, are you out there playing in it or refusing to step foot outside until the season turns?
I’d play in it, of course!
9. If you could ask for ANYTHING for Christmas, what would it be and why?
I can’t have what I want so it’s better not to ask for it at all. I’ll still take that hoverboard though.
10. What kind of shopper are you? Do you plan ahead of time or do you rush in a last minute effort?
I plan ahead to make sure the gift really means something to the person receiving it.
11. Did you ever believe in Santa? If so, how old were you when you stopped believing?
No, but I would’ve liked to!
12. Tell us one of your favorite stories that revolves around this season.
That one about the reindeer with the red nose. Rudolph.
13. Who in your immediate circle is most likely to go caroling?
Astra is the only one in my circle that would.
14. If you could cast your acquaintances [including yourself,] in Scrooge, who would play what roles?
The Ghost of Christmas Past—Brisa
The Ghost of Christmas Present—Cy
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come—Cassia
15. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
*dons elf hat with pointed ears* Happy Holidays! Enjoy something sweet for me!
Ho Ho Ho, did you know all of that about Leander? Bet you didn’t. Be sure to check out Amber’s page as well as social media to ensure you are up to date on Leander and the rest of the crew!
I think I fell even more in love with Leander after this interview!
Fantastic answers! Thanks so much, Amber, where can readers find more about you and your books?
About Amber R. Duell: Born and raised in a small town in Central New York. While it will always be home, she’s spent the last six years living in Germany, Maine, and Mississippi as a military wife where the next step is always an adventure.
When Amber isn’t writing, she’s wrangling her two young sons. She is a lover of history, a fan of snowboarding, and a travel enthusiast. In her downtime, she can be found curling up with a good book and a cat or two.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website | Goodreads | Pinterest
A god of war seeking restoration. An unwilling sacrificial bride. Betrayal that could destroy them both.
Every fiber of my being is woven from the rage of mortals.
Theodric, the young God of War, has a talent for inciting conflict and bloodshed. After being stripped of his powers by his older brother, King of Gods, he sets out to instigate a mortal war to prove himself worthy of being restored to power.
I loved Kisk once; it was my home… But that was before. This is now.
Sixteen-year-old Cassia, like many in the modern era, believes gods and goddesses to be just a myth. Enemy to her country and an orphan of the war, she has no time for fairy tales. That’s until religious zealots from Theo’s sect offer her up as a sacrifice.
Can Cassia and Theo end the mortal war and return balance to the earth and heavens? Or, will their game of fate lead down a path of destruction, betrayal, and romance neither of them saw coming?
Amazon | Shelf it on Goodreads
This was fantastic! Leander is awesome!! I know why Leander wants the hoverboard 😆.
I know! I honestly think I fell a little more for him during this interview. 😉